About the Role
Summary: This position works with the Chief Operations Officer as a direct liaison with the Chief Executive Officer. The Contract Specialist performs purchase order/task order/contract pre-award functions such as the preparation of procurement requests, requests for contracts, statements of work, and sole source justifications, and assisting with market research.
The organizational location of this position is: Chicago, IL as an in-person position.
• You will serve as a Contract Specialist performing simplified acquisitions and administering post award functions such as issuing orders, and completing contract modifications, evaluating performance, and completing contract terminations.
• You will aid in the development and review of requirements (Statement of Work, specifications, technical evaluation criteria, source selection plans) and make recommendations to ensure documents are complete and well defined.
• You will recommend an appropriate method of procurement (full and open competition, sole source) by reviewing previous history, market conditions and/or technical data packages.
• You will prepare and issue solicitations for a variety of requirements (services and/or supplies) and select appropriate clauses including packaging and delivery requirements or other stipulations.
• You will serve as the central point of contact for inquiries on assigned procurement actions.
• You will perform a detailed price and cost analysis of proposals received to assess fair and reasonableness and make recommendations to higher graded contract specialists.
• You will prepare business clearances, participate in negotiations with higher graded contract specialists, and provide recommendations for award.
• You will coordinate with other Foreign Government agencies to obtain wage rate information, request audits and/or pre-award survey.
• You will oversee and manage all administrative functions associated with large overseas contract(s).
Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with others throughout the organization and externally.
Protects data from unauthorized release or from loss, alteration, or unauthorized deletion.
Provides the customer with consistent information according to established policies and procedures.
Handles conflict and problems in dealing with the customer constructively and appropriately.
Monitors information and analytical systems to evaluate and enhance the quality of service provided to clients.
Evidence of specialized experience must be supported by detailed documentation of duties performed in positions held on your resume. You must provide work experience information such as hours per week, salary, and starting/ending dates of employment (month and year format) to establish you have one full year of specialized experience. OR education (TRANSCRIPTS REQUIRED): Applicants may substitute education for the required experience. To qualify based on education for this grade level you must have a masters or equivalent graduate degree or 2 full years of progressively higher-level graduate education leading to such a degree, LL.B., or J.D., if related. OR, combination (TRANSCRIPTS REQUIRED): Applicants may also combine education and experience to qualify at this level. You must have an equivalent combination of a successfully completed graduate education and specialized experience related to the work of the Financial Management Specialist position.
You will be rated on the following competencies for this position:
Analysis and Problem Solving
About the Company
Laconic Infrastructure Partners Inc. (“Laconic”) is a leading global provider of Environmental Intelligence, Synthetic Natural-Capital Monetization, and Regenerative Ecoculture services.
Leveraging its state-of-the-art Sentient All-Domain Augmented Response (SADAR™) environmental intelligence platform, unparalleled in-situ data gathering and validation capabilities, and world-class geo-spatial analysis teams, Laconic works directly at the apex of Sovereign Nations, SOEs, NGOs, and Multinational Corporations to jointly solve a newly emerging class of complex strategic problems lying at the intersection of the ecology, economy, and security domains.
As a chartered Public-Benefit Corporation (PBC), Laconic operates as a true partner to its clients, considering the unique needs and requirements of all stakeholders to conceptualize, structure, deliver and maintain comprehensive multi-variate biologic informatics (MVBI) solutions to problems as diverse as regional food security, decarbonization initiatives, financial compliance obligations, and habitat preservation; to name but a few.
Liaising directly with the highest levels of governments, NGOs, and corporations around the world, Laconic’s Environmental Intelligence Services group delivers unique environmental insights extracted from its validated, high-quality baseline data stores to support evidence-based management of natural resources in dynamic socio-political contexts.
Supplying global institutions requiring the highest-quality structured informatics and carbon-offset monetization solutions, Laconic’s Synthetic Natural-Capital Monetization group assists our clients with the identification, management, and ongoing monetization of hitherto stranded ecosystem assets.
Exploiting its timely access to multi-variate biologic informatics, Laconic’s Regenerative Ecoculture Services group provides modern, data-driven, and sustainable quality-of-life, food & water security, and crop yield enhancement services for populations across the globe. From arid-environment wheat production in MENA to burn-free rice production in Southeast Asia, Laconic delivers innovative regenerative ecoculture solutions that protect, restore and regenerate the natural environment.
At Laconic we see humanity’s progress as unquestionably tied to the protection, restoration and regeneration of natural systems where economic growth supports a healthy and flourishing planet. It is our commitment to a better future that drives our culture, our values and the choices we make as a company; choices that shine brightly through initiatives such as our utilization of human sense-making surveys to gather insights into the experiences, needs and knowledge of the local communities who are integral stakeholders in the policy outcomes enabled by Laconic’s services.
20 years from now – we will tell our children, and their children, how we worked to build a world that is demonstrably healthier, both environmentally and socially, than the world which we have inherited.