About the Role
Summary: To serve as an Information Technology and subject matter expert engaged in all functions of data management with advanced communication systems for the complete integration of Laconic requirements and computer information systems.
The organizational location of this position is: Project Location
• You will design, develop, and maintain databases as well as monitor and optimize database performance and database operations.
• You will define what system interrelationships must be considered, or what operating mode, system software, and/or equipment configuration is most appropriate for a given project.
• You will participate in the design of data mining and data warehousing of systems.
• You will develop data dictionaries, data models, metadata repositories, and other data management tools.
• You will produce a database design schema for integrating source data into data management systems.
• You will ensure compliance with data management standards. Recommend new or modified standards to increase efficiency. Recommend performance enhancements such as increasing storage capacity or modifying interfaces.
• You will plan and coordinate the migration of data to a newer version of a database management system.
• You will perform a wide range of database administration functions, including running test queries, troubleshooting database problems, maintaining version control of database entities, and advising customers on new database features.
• You will lead studies to evaluate the effectiveness of current database methods and procedures.
• You will represent Laconic in all database and IT matters within our project scope.
• You will maintain and support Laconic internal server databases and tools.
• You will generate complex queries and reports and communicate results of work both orally and in writing.
• You will administer the day-to-day database operation and maintenance in a complex environment which requires extensive organization and coordination.
• You will, as the database authority, provide technical database expertise to management in database management systems technology, and perform a variety of database system planning, programming, budgeting, and advisory responsibilities.
• You will ensure the rigorous application of information security/information assurance policies, principles, and practices in the delivery of data management services.
• You will maintain a proficiency in and skill in applying and adapting new and improved approaches to the design, development, and implementation of data mining, data warehousing, and related data storage and retrieval systems.
• You will maintain practical knowledge of and skill in applying analytical and evaluative methods and techniques to assess program development and increase organizational effectiveness and efficiency.
• You will maintain proficiency in systems design and programming techniques, operating system software and database concepts to envision, and solve problems encountered by application programmers/system designers using database structures.
• You will develop logical data models to be translated into workable physical database schema and structures in the database development process.
• You will demonstrate accomplishment of computer project assignments that required a wide range of knowledge of computer requirements and techniques pertinent to the position to be filled.
Individuals must have IT-related experience demonstrating each of the four competencies listed below.
Specialized experience must demonstrate the following: Research, Applied Analytics, and Statistics (RAAS) position that anticipates and meets customers' needs by providing leading research, analytical, statistical, and technology services. RAAS provides an intellectually challenging and supportive environment for our employees. The incumbent serves as a senior Information Technology (IT) Specialist (Data Management) using a wide variety of information, knowledge, and tools to develop, modify, and administer Cost and Estimating Directorate (CAED) databases used to store and retrieve data and to develop standards for the handling of data. In this specific role, you may be called upon to lead significant projects assigned to you. This work often involves difficult and complex problems in the administration of databases, in the modification of data elements, retrieval, and reporting of information to customers from the databases, and ensuring the security of data.
The employee is required to be Information Assurance Technical (IAT) level II certified within 6 months of being assigned to this position.
Specialized experience must include, or be supplemented by, information technology related experience (paid or unpaid experience and/or completion of specific, intensive training, as appropriate) which demonstrates each of the four competencies, as defined:
Attention to Detail
About the Company
Laconic Infrastructure Partners Inc. (“Laconic”) is a leading global provider of Environmental Intelligence, Synthetic Natural-Capital Monetization, and Regenerative Ecoculture services.
Leveraging its state-of-the-art Sentient All-Domain Augmented Response (SADAR™) environmental intelligence platform, unparalleled in-situ data gathering and validation capabilities, and world-class geo-spatial analysis teams, Laconic works directly at the apex of Sovereign Nations, SOEs, NGOs, and Multinational Corporations to jointly solve a newly emerging class of complex strategic problems lying at the intersection of the ecology, economy, and security domains.
As a chartered Public-Benefit Corporation (PBC), Laconic operates as a true partner to its clients, considering the unique needs and requirements of all stakeholders to conceptualize, structure, deliver and maintain comprehensive multi-variate biologic informatics (MVBI) solutions to problems as diverse as regional food security, decarbonization initiatives, financial compliance obligations, and habitat preservation; to name but a few.
Liaising directly with the highest levels of governments, NGOs, and corporations around the world, Laconic’s Environmental Intelligence Services group delivers unique environmental insights extracted from its validated, high-quality baseline data stores to support evidence-based management of natural resources in dynamic socio-political contexts.
Supplying global institutions requiring the highest-quality structured informatics and carbon-offset monetization solutions, Laconic’s Synthetic Natural-Capital Monetization group assists our clients with the identification, management, and ongoing monetization of hitherto stranded ecosystem assets.
Exploiting its timely access to multi-variate biologic informatics, Laconic’s Regenerative Ecoculture Services group provides modern, data-driven, and sustainable quality-of-life, food & water security, and crop yield enhancement services for populations across the globe. From arid-environment wheat production in MENA to burn-free rice production in Southeast Asia, Laconic delivers innovative regenerative ecoculture solutions that protect, restore and regenerate the natural environment.
At Laconic we see humanity’s progress as unquestionably tied to the protection, restoration and regeneration of natural systems where economic growth supports a healthy and flourishing planet. It is our commitment to a better future that drives our culture, our values and the choices we make as a company; choices that shine brightly through initiatives such as our utilization of human sense-making surveys to gather insights into the experiences, needs and knowledge of the local communities who are integral stakeholders in the policy outcomes enabled by Laconic’s services.
20 years from now – we will tell our children, and their children, how we worked to build a world that is demonstrably healthier, both environmentally and socially, than the world which we have inherited.