About the Role
Summary: The Director of Flight Operations will ensure that all Laconic flight operations are conducted in accordance with the FAA regulations, all in-country regulations, operations specifications, and company policies. While responsible for exercising authority to ensure compliance.
The organizational location of this position is: Chicago, IL as an in-person position.
• Responsible to Senior Vice President of Operations for establishing standards of safety and maintaining flight operations in accordance with all FAA, DOT, and all in-country or national airspace requirements.
• Responsible for ensuring effective Operational Control to be maintained for all flight operations.
• Oversee, distribute, and maintain company manuals, procedures, revisions, and any necessary information.
• Accountable for ensuring competent and adequate staffing of crew, dispatch, and administrative functions.
• Responsible for training and maintaining pilot records.
• Responsible for maintenance, maintenance records, quality control, and all aspects of ensuring systems are properly maintained for flight and meet in-country and Laconic requirements.
• Responsible for communicating and coordinating with other departments and in-country agencies to ensure safety and efficiency.
• Responsible for establishing effective information technology (IT) and communication systems and protocols to maintain full asset and personnel availability, while effectively controlling all aerial platforms and obtaining and disseminating sensor data.
• Develop an integrated Analytics, Reporting, and Organizational strategy to ensure the right leaders are looking at the right data at the right points in time for pilot, crew, supporting personnel, and asset schedule planning. Develop situational awareness, assess the future outlook, measure operational risk relative to mitigation levers, make data-driven recommendations, and execute flight operations within the scope of assigned contracts.
• Drives automation efforts and identification of enhancements for efficiencies. Responsible for ensuring IT Business Partners, other business partner support stakeholders, and all scheduling functions are rallied around an understood strategy and the road map of how automation plays a role in enabling that strategy.
• Develop front line leaders with clearly defined job scope, ensuring depth and bench of talent exists at each leadership level, while also devising engagement and career development strategies for all personnel involved in Laconic flight operations.
• Responsible for budget development, establishment, and budget performance.
• Responsible for the risk management and safety of all flight operations.
• Any other duties as assigned to manage and direct Laconic Flight Operations.
Bachelor or master’s degree in Aviation and Business Management or related field preferred.
Must hold a pilot’s license with preferred experience with Group 4 (as determined by U.S. DoD definition) and above unmanned aerial systems.
Minimum 5 years of experience of supervisory or managerial experience.
Minimum of 12 years as a pilot, while holding instructor and advanced ratings / qualifications.
Effective communication, both written and verbal.
Team-oriented creates an inclusive and motivating work environment.
Action-oriented, seizes opportunities to make quick and efficient decisions.
Previous Director of Flight Operations experience preferred, but not required.
About the Company
Laconic Infrastructure Partners Inc. (“Laconic”) is a leading global provider of Environmental Intelligence, Synthetic Natural-Capital Monetization, and Regenerative Ecoculture services.
Leveraging its state-of-the-art Sentient All-Domain Augmented Response (SADAR™) environmental intelligence platform, unparalleled in-situ data gathering and validation capabilities, and world-class geo-spatial analysis teams, Laconic works directly at the apex of Sovereign Nations, SOEs, NGOs, and Multinational Corporations to jointly solve a newly emerging class of complex strategic problems lying at the intersection of the ecology, economy, and security domains.
As a chartered Public-Benefit Corporation (PBC), Laconic operates as a true partner to its clients, considering the unique needs and requirements of all stakeholders to conceptualize, structure, deliver and maintain comprehensive multi-variate biologic informatics (MVBI) solutions to problems as diverse as regional food security, decarbonization initiatives, financial compliance obligations, and habitat preservation; to name but a few.
Liaising directly with the highest levels of governments, NGOs, and corporations around the world, Laconic’s Environmental Intelligence Services group delivers unique environmental insights extracted from its validated, high-quality baseline data stores to support evidence-based management of natural resources in dynamic socio-political contexts.
Supplying global institutions requiring the highest-quality structured informatics and carbon-offset monetization solutions, Laconic’s Synthetic Natural-Capital Monetization group assists our clients with the identification, management, and ongoing monetization of hitherto stranded ecosystem assets.
Exploiting its timely access to multi-variate biologic informatics, Laconic’s Regenerative Ecoculture Services group provides modern, data-driven, and sustainable quality-of-life, food & water security, and crop yield enhancement services for populations across the globe. From arid-environment wheat production in MENA to burn-free rice production in Southeast Asia, Laconic delivers innovative regenerative ecoculture solutions that protect, restore and regenerate the natural environment.
At Laconic we see humanity’s progress as unquestionably tied to the protection, restoration and regeneration of natural systems where economic growth supports a healthy and flourishing planet. It is our commitment to a better future that drives our culture, our values and the choices we make as a company; choices that shine brightly through initiatives such as our utilization of human sense-making surveys to gather insights into the experiences, needs and knowledge of the local communities who are integral stakeholders in the policy outcomes enabled by Laconic’s services.
20 years from now – we will tell our children, and their children, how we worked to build a world that is demonstrably healthier, both environmentally and socially, than the world which we have inherited.